22 May 2011

May in Colorado

They check in but they can't check out
The cabin shack

Crab-apple hypbrid
Some kind of cherry tree.  The birds will get everything.

Almost ready for patio parties.  Too bad the housesitters will be the ones partying.


Closeup of apple-crab hybrid

Almost wild (i.e., neglected) currants (Ribes)

Pear tree in the middle

Lupin volunteer

Snapdragon volunteer
Hornets are moving in, but I'm prepared.  I wish I could live and let live when it's so beautiful out, but part of spring cleaning is removing potential disturbers of patio peace.  I thoughtI saw the early spring oriole couple first thing this a.m., so I hustled to make some sugar water for the feeder after I got a dish and a dessert ready for the afternoon party at T & P's cabin up the road.  The cabin shack above is not Tom & Phyllis's--these are photos taken in the a.m. at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment